Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My 30th Open House

We have Open House at our school tomorrow night - not my favorite thing to do. Oh well......

If you haven't read Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah you might want to give it a try. It's about a little girl who walks out of the woods into a small town unable to communicate and afraid of people. The setting is the rainforest area of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Mom, Carolyn, Britt and I were there years ago and it is such a beautiful area. Anyway - it was a good book.

So I haven't been getting up early to work out since school started! I promised myself that since my swimming days were over (since it rains EVERY afternoon) that I'd exercise in the morning - now I need to get motivated! Definitely tomorrow!

We had a nice time Sunday celebrating Britt's graduation and birthday. Seems we don't see my family that much anymore so having a Sunday dinner was fun. Shawny's girls are growing so much and her new friend seems really nice. Gee's pork steaks were fabulous and the macs were a hit as always. We did it right this time - two simple appetizers - three entrees and one dessert - not too much but plenty for all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send leftovers!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having leftovers tonight!

Anonymous said...

:-P