Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Patches of Godlight

I was reminded in church this past Sunday to always look for God in your daily life. I learned this concept several years ago - and it was called "Patches of Godlight". So here are a few "patches" I have seen lately:

Gee called me the other day to look out the window at the rainbow. Rainbows have always reminded me of God and this one was especially pretty.

Erin's picture with the scarecrow - I think it's a professional one. Her big laugh and precious eyes - this child is truly a gift from God.

I took Mom shopping today. She doesn't have a lot of stamina so we were only able to go to two stores but she was so appreciative that I took her. I am so lucky to still have her and that her alzheimer's seems to not be getting worse, although I know it will at some point. I have been blessed with both of my parents.

The other morning driving to school there was a beautiful light coming from the clouds - sunlight just breaking through. But it reminded me of the light of God.

We were writing Christmas wishes the other day and the children had to wish for something other that toys. So one of my second grade boys wished he could wrestle and alligator. He was so serious - and even wrote down his phone number for me in case I ever have a problem alligator around! The innocence of children.

Recognizing God in our daily lives helps to keep us focused on him and the true meaning of Christmas and our purpose here on earth. Have you seen any "Patches of Godlight" lately?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Mom...where are you??