Friday, November 30, 2007

Things I like about December

1. It's my birthday month! One of my first graders today told me today that tomorrow is December and she couldn't wait. So I asked her why and she said because our birthdays are that month. I couldn't believe that she remembered that from a discussion earlier this year! It's also Angelle's birthday month, and John's and Kevin's and Lige's and Melea's! And of course Kenshae Nevis - my precious speech student!

2. Cool weather - it's almost always nice in December!

3. We have two weeks off of school!!! This year we have nine days off after Christmas which is the best time - the craziness is over and we can just enjoy!

4. Christmas lights - who doesn't love seeing the houses all lit up!

5. Christmas Eve - I love the tradition of going to my parents house and visiting with family. As they get older it just becomes more precious. I was there today and Mom was all excited because my brother helped her get her decorate her house. And Dad loves the steal gift! He and I were thinking of silly ideas for his. today while we cooked supper.

6. Christmas Day - Gee's family is so much fun! And this year we get to have it here again - yeah! It's wild and loud and chaos - and I love it.

7. But most importantly - I treasure the time when it's just us - our children and grandchildren here visiting and enjoying being together. That is the greatest gift of Christmas ever! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always get really homesick while I study for finals. In fact, everyone does. We all sit around talking about our families and what we are going to do for Chirstmas. So, your blog just made me really excited. December is one of my favorite months too!