Sunday, November 18, 2007

A few things

When I was a child I could fly. I know that sounds wierd but I can remember running around the yard with my arms out and REALLY FLYING! I could swoop and everything! As an adult I know this is impossible but I can remember it so vividly. As a child it's hard to be able to distinguish that fine line between real and not real. But really - that's not so bad. Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of imagination as an adult!

I really didn't like high school. We lived so far in the country that I couldn't belong to any after school activities. My mom just didn't want to "go to town" and pick me up - and in her defense she did have her hands full with five children. I think that is why I am still "shy" in certain situations.

I really miss my sister. Now I know that's not such a suprise but we were closest in age of all our siblings and always look out for each other. I miss her dropping by. I miss helping her with things and her helping me with things. We talk at least once a week which is great - and I am happy for her. But it's just not the same. Before she left we spent a lot of time together - I knew she was leaving and really wanted that time with her. I'm glad we did.

I really don't like Christmas shopping. It always feels like such pressure to buy the right thing! Actually last year I decided not to worry about it and it was much better. I love giving gifts - I just don't like the shopping. Gee would be especially suprised about this because he thinks I love to shop - but actually I don't.

Well I couldn't think of six - maybe something will come to me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember you telling about that flying thing, but I still giggled when I read your post. I can just picture a mini-version of you running around "flying." It's so funny!