Saturday, November 10, 2007

Life

Gee and I have been busy as usual. Last weekend Gee and friends cooked for customers at an estate in Folsom, LA. It was so beautiful. We drove through park like setting to a beautiful colonial style home. There was a huge lake behind the house with swimming pool, tennis courts, jacuzzi tub. I visited with the ladies while Gee and friends served us wonderful food - brisket, jambalaya, boiled shrimp, crawfish boudin, and yummy cookies! Not exactly healthy but great. After the cookout we visited with out friends who live in the area - Brent and Sandra Chester. We spent a nice afternoon with them - watched half the LSU football game and then drove home. Sunday was a nice relaxing day at home.

Last night we went to a Hornets game with Mike and Lynn Myers and some other friends. Mike's company has a suite so we had great food, whatever we wanted to drink and good friends to visit with. The Hornets lost but who cares!

Today we are going in the vet to the "Thibodeauxville" festival and corvette car show. Janice and Lige are going to meet us there. I can't wait to see them - haven't had a good visit in a while.

So that's our life. School is fine - new challenges all the time but that keeps it interesting. I am so glad I'm not burnt out yet - so many teachers are before then can retire!

2 comments:

Angelle said...

The Corvette show sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to finally see the Vette!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your friends, and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving!