Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas shopping - there has to be a better way!

I'm tired of Christmas shopping!!! I really don't shop that often anyway but going every year at Christmas among all the crowds of people is just crazy! Today - I needed some black heels for a wedding we have next weekend - there was a child jumping rope in the shoe store and two other children throwing a ball!!!!! That's ridiculous!!! I never saw the manager say anything to either of them or their parents. However - I did find heels for $19.99!!!

My birthday was so nice this year. Gee, Brittany, Jimmy and I went to a great restaurant - Emeril's Delmonico - Wednesday night. The food was delicious and I loved the atmosphere - the restaurant is in an old New Orleans house so it had that cozy at home feeling. On thursday I spent the day with Zac - he had a test run - and after we hung out at his house till he was ok for me to go. His new furniture is very comfy and looks great. Then Friday - my friends at school cooked a birthday lunch and cake for me!!! Next week I'll have a birthday supper with several close friends - one of whom has a birthday today. I got lots of cards - thanks everyone - who could ask for a better birthday? I am so blessed!!!

3 comments:

Angelle said...

So glad you had a nice birthday week. We are so psyched to see you in a few weeks.

I am loving Christmas shopping. The girls toys get more fun to shop for each year.

Anonymous said...

I do 98% of my shopping online. Works alot better...

What is a "test run"?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had lots of fun shopping for the "crapper" =)