Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miscellaneous stuff

I just brought a book that Gee and I are talking about right now - it's called "Eat This, Not That". There are several versions - one for eating out - one for kids - but I bought the one for the supermarket. It compares lots of stuff like different cheeses and makes recommendations for what is healthier. Angelle - your white/wheat bread is on the Eat This! side. Anyway - the book is faily inexpensive and I think we will use it to identify healthier choices at the grocery store.

Gee and I have lots of upcoming plans - I'm so excited because we have been staying home a lot. But we have a trip to Lafayette to go the the TAP Room and a trip to Baton Rouge to go to Sangria's and a trip to LaPlace for a superbowl party! We were hoping for an overnight trip to New Orleans and basketball game but that was canceled for a fishing trip for Gee - oh well - it's a really neat fishing opportunity. I also have a wedding shower that I am helping to give, a Mardi Gras tea, and a spring wedding in Alabama. So - yeah - things to look forward to!

I went to an art festival in Houma today and although there were very few booths (it's a new festival) I bought two beautiful, inexpensive necklaces. The artist is making earing to match both necklaces - can't wait. I have a beach glass bracelet that I'm not happy with - maybe I'll get her to redo it into a necklace. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

Angelle said...

I have looked at that book several times at the bookstore. Maybe I will have to get it the next time I go.

Those plans sound like lots of fun. Don't forget Easter with us! Miss you guys! When Erin plays with the phone and I ask her who she is talking to, she almost always says Mimi. :)

Myrn said...

Angelle - Aww - that makes me feel so good!!! I miss all of you so much. Jean Paul has begun to read your blog and Mike's - so if you seen an entry from JP it's him. Gee and I have talked about the Easter trip so often - it will be great to see ya'll and for everyone to be together. More things to look forward to!!!

Jp said...

Hey, you weren't supposed to tell her I was bloglurking....

:-)