Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I didn't have to work!!!!

I always have to work on Memorial Day but this year we ended school on Friday - yeah! - and I was able to celebrate the holiday with everyone else! We went to John and Joanna's camp in Slidell and had lots of fun boating and visiting and eating and enjoying a cocktail or two. Most of the family was able to come for either Sunday or Monday. John and Joanna's new boat is great - it fits a million people. That's the first time I was in a boat on Lake Pontratrain and it was definitely beautiful and fun - we took a late everning cruise. On Monday - John pulled some of the kids on a big blow up thing. They had fun. Anyway - I definitely prefer not working on Memorial Day!

Carolyn is in - continuing her job search on the North Shore. She and I are going tomorrow to look at places to rent and so she can interview some more. I'm looking forward to spending a little time with my sis - I miss her!

So - my first regular day off has been mostly chores - paying bill - washing - but it's just so nice to be able to do those regular things at my leisure. I just love waking up and thinking - hmmm - what will I do today? I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell Aunt Carolyn hello!

Please don't quit thinking about me when y'all go to the camp. One of these times I'm going to make it!

Myrn said...

We'll be there tomorrow thru Thursday - just Aunt Carolyn and I if you decide to take a ride.