Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer projects

Every May I start making a mental list of all the summer projects I'm going to do - little things like do the mending piled on my sewing maching and big things like clean out the pantry. Last summer I painted the living room/kitchen/halls. That was a huge project! So this year I'll post my list and see in August what I have actually completed.

1. Begin a stained glass project. I haven't worked in stained glass since Hurricanne Rita - and I really miss it. I'm thinking maybe something for my kitchen window - perhaps Bird or Paradise flowers - with a bevel border.

2. Exercise daily! I eat pretty healthy but am barely able to keep from gaining weight - so the key has to be exercise. The challenge will be to find something I can carry over into next school year - I hate getting up really early to exercise and after school I'm am often just tired and not in the mood. Any ideas? I might try Angelle's yoga - just not sure how much of it involves working on my knees - which is always a problem for me.

3. Read more - seems like during the school year I don't read as much so I'm ready.

4. Get rid of stuff! We have too much stuff . I hope to bring several loads of things we just don't need to Goodwill or St Vincents.

Anybody else have any summer goals?

4 comments:

Angelle said...

Yoga is really excellent for people with health issues. If you find a good instructor, they will modify anything you feel is hard on your knees. Maybe try taking a class over the summer Then if you like it, you can buy some DVDs or something to do at home over the school year when you don't have as much time.

Brittany said...

Don't get rid of my stuff...I promise I'll get it out of your way in August!

Myrn said...

There is a yoga place here I was thinking about trying. And Britt - your stuff is safe for a few more months!

Anonymous said...

Stained glass would look good in our new house!! How about something with a South Louisiana theme??