Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life takes so many turns...

When we came back from the hurricane days, our principal told us that based on a comment made by one of our teachers in a faculty meeting and the sermon at Mass the previous weekend, he had invited a school that flooded to share our campus for while their school is cleaned. I was immediately glad that he decided to make this offer - how often do we have the opportunity in our lives to really make a difference in someone else's life? So my friend Lynn and I figured out how we would fit another person in our tiny room. The new speech therapist in my room is someone whom I did not know at all - but I find I am really enjoying her company. So out of this tragedy I've made a new friend - what a blessing! Although, it is a little crazy to work at a school that now has approximately 1350 students and 140 staff!

Gee and I finally have the outside of the house back to normal - although we still need a roof and a garage door. We had friends over to watch LSU win Saturday night (and to eat yummy "Slap Your Mama Roast" poboys). Sunday we traveled to Baton Rouge and had lunch with Zac, Britt and Jimmy. We drove by a house Zac is looking at purchasing - very nice and in a neighborhood where he has lots of friends.

Tomorrow night - Cootie at Katie's - sounds like fun!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend!